- Records of Invasion and Theft of Aboriginal Land on the Swan River 1829-1850
by Bevan Carter with Lynda Nutter. Foreword by Robert Bropho
Nyungah Land is a collection of documents written by the British Colonists that:
· names the Aboriginal owners of the land on the Swan River.
· outlines measures taken by the landowners to persuade the invaders to leave.
· outlines measures taken by the British to stay - their ‘shock and awe’ policy.
· reveals the disruption and loss caused to the lives of the original owners.
· reveals moral misgivings of some Colonists at taking someone else’s land and food.
· reveals early massacres in the Swan Valley.
Australia Post - Australia only